Wessex ATV MTX-120-E Paddock Cleaner
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 5.5HP ENGINE – Easy to start and reliable
- THROTTLE LEVER – Clips on to ATV rack for user convenience
- CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH – Allows the brush rotor to be engaged/disengaged from the seat
- WHEELS IN-LINE WITH BRUSH ROTOR – Follows ground contours accurately giving a consistent clean sweep
- SIMPLE SCREW HANDLE – Easy adjustment of brush height
- FULLY CASTORING REAR WHEELS – Increased manoeuvrability
- FLOATING DRAWBAR – Allows the machine to float over uneven ground with no weight on the ball hitch
- ADJUSTABLE SPRING TINES – Rake through the grass to loosen stubborn horse muck
- HAND OPERATED WINCH – For ease of emptying
- STIFF, COURSE BRISTLE – For increased sweeping efficiency in paddock environment
- SWIVELLING BALL HITCH – Satisfies Health and Safety recommendations
The Wessex Dung Beetle MTX120E is powered by a 5½ hp Loncin petrol engine, and drive is transmitted to the rotor via twin drive belts. A centrifugal clutch allows the operator to engage/disengage the rotor brush from the seat. A versatile paddock cleaner for private horse owners, zoos, equestrian centres, riding school, alpaca farms & much more. The Wessex Dung Beetle is an easy to use yet effective machine.
Regular sweeping with the Dung Beetle will keep the paddocks free of horse droppings, dead grass and twigs – ensuring a clean, healthy environment for the horses. The grooming action of the bristles will also encourage fresh new growth of healthy grass – a benefit not gained with a vacuum-type machine.
Superb ground contour following
The Dung Beetle runs on its own four wheels so there is no weight on the drawbar of the towing vehicle, which ensures maximum stability at all times. The front wheels are directly in line with the brush rotor to allow the ground contours to be followed accurately. They are adjustable for altering the height of the brush, by means of a simple screw handle on each side. Markers ensure an even brush setting across the full width of the machine.
The adjustable spring tines rake through the grass & loosen any stubborn muck to aid the brushes with collection.
Health & safety
As with all Wessex ATV equipment, to satisfy the British HSE & the European CE legislation’s, the Dung Beetle is fitted with a swiveling ball hitch. This is to protect the operator in the unlikely event of the trailed implement turning over.
Easy hopper emptying
When full, the hopper is rolled over with the aid of the winch, to give a clean discharge into a neat heap on the ground. The hopper is finely balanced on the pivot points to ensure an easy roll-over, and a spring loaded pin secures the hopper in position when in operation.
The rotor comprises four banks of hard-wearing polypropylene bristles fastened into a hardwood strip. The generous length of the bristles give a good ‘flick’ action, ensuring that any debris is propelled effortlessly into the hopper. The brush strips are simply bolted in pairs through the steel box section rotor, and are quick & easy to change when worn.